Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.

Ive had flu like and stomach virus symptoms for a week I get

Ive had flu like and stomach virus symptoms for a week I get real naseauted but never throw up after eating .I just keep drinking water and resting. Can a doctor treat this or do you have to let it run its course I have fever too
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!
Thanks for your question. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Do you still have gastrointestinal symptoms such as diarrhea, abdomen pain?
Do you think your symptoms are getting worse? Are you otherwise a healthy person?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I have diarahea it feel like its got worse like two days ago but I keep taking aspirin and I feel normal.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 4 years ago.
The way you are presenting looks like a case of acute gastroenteritis. Most of the time, these are caused by viruses so usually no antibiotics are needed and self recovery is expected within a week. Since it is getting worse/not improving, there is a risk for dehydration with require proper water and electrolyte management. I see that it's been a week with no sign of recovery, in that case it is also important to rule out other potential cases of acute diarrhea which may include bacteria or systematic disease. My personal recombination is to see your doctor for blood and stool test so that we can find the nature of problem and treat it appropriately. In the mean time you can take rest, liquid diet, soup and broths, and adequate water/electrolyte to maintain hydration. I also suggest avoiding aspirin, as it may irritate your stomach. Avoid apple and pearl juice until you feel better. Avoid caffeine and alcohol. Gradually add semisolid and low fiber food as your bowel movements returns to normal.

Please let me know if you have any other question.