DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

My wrist suddenly started hurting i cant hardly pinpoint but

My wrist suddenly started hurting i cant hardly pinpoint but feels like right where the crease is and the veins where the wrist is, the visible veins around that. Only hurts if I like say turn them around insted of holding wrist faced down or towards me, and when bending. If feels numb and like its not there but i can feel when its touched etc. it just kinda feels like its dangling. I am typing right now with it. but my wrist is facing down. I havent injured it, in fact all i did before noticing the pain is i reached in a draw to get something out and then went to get the telephone headset and it started hurting. Now it only hurts if i do what i said above. it just feels awkward. I can move it and pick things up it just feels awkward like i shouldnt. It almost feels like a sprain but i have no idea how i could have sprained it. I havent typed that much today so im not sure. I have had this happen before but usually goes away in a little while, its probably happened 2-3 times before but probably just takes an hour or less probably to go away. Its been about 2 hours. I guess im really scared that its something serious like a blood clot or something i dont know? There is no swelling, no warmth, doesnt look abnormal or anything just feels like i cant type another word. My fingers dont really feel anything different. I had it in an ace bandage and it seemed to help but when i took it off the numbness returned and scared me.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Hello
It is more likely early carpal tunnel syndrome which is a nerve compression.

Or tendinitis.

Maybe arthritis.

See a physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor.

They are specialist in fixing this type of condition with manual therapies and helping you avoid surgery.

In the meantime...rest..don't type, use ibuprofen, use ice for a day or so.

And do not injury it further.

Use reply if you need to clarify

Please complete the question and answer process as prompted: Then come back as needed. Positive/excellent feedback the best! Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks is that serious?
the reason i thought maybe it was not carpal tunnel was no problems with fingers?
and how can i be sure it isnt a bloodclot?
just really scared.....
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
and forgot to ask....is it good or harmful to wear ace bandage?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
It can start with wrist pain...or the other conditions are the cause.

Nothing is an emergency here but you should get an exam.

This would not be a typical location for a blood cot..and a blood clot typically causes swelling that pits...you push a finger into it and it leaves a dent.

But given your concern..show it to an urgent care doc today.

An ace bandage is fine.