Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
12501846

I am still having the pain. Blood work came back normal, with

I am still having the pain. Blood work came back normal, with the exception of high Cholesterol, which I have had for 20 years. The pain is still present, is lessened (I think) when avoid beef and greasy food. I I eat beef, the next day the pain is there. or It seems so, but not always. I also have bloating, pain in between my shoulder blades very low, near my navel and even on the left side at rib level. As I stated, I had a Clear CT scan in September.
Can this still be gall stones? Can this still be a gall bladder problem even if the ultrasound showed no stones or sludge? What else should I be looking out for or concerned about.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Welcome to JustAnswer!
I looked at our previous communication, and am sorry to know that you still have pin and discomfort. At the same time, it is good to know that all your blood test came back normal. It seems like your symptoms are triggered by certain foods. I would like to know if you avoid those foods for a while do you see improvement? Do you have any heartburn, acid reflux? Do you feel better after taking antacid or prilosec?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is sometimes triggered by food sometimes not. I take omeprazole, every day in the morning. Have had reflux in the past but not currently. Mostly, it is the pain in the "gall bladder" area that usually is the gall bladder area. That cuts through to the back as well as the pain between the shoulders down low.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the information.
I know it is very frustrating to be in that situation for a long time.
Based on your description, I think you were investigated adequately to find out the cause of your pain, but all your test reports came back normal. These investigational processes have ruled out many potential reasons for having pain in that area. Although you typically present with gall bladder symptoms, but the findings and test report are not supporting. At this point, I believe the the last test you can have is HIDA scan to see biliary flow that might address some of the questions that you are trying to know. At the same time, keep visiting your gastro doctor for follow-up evaluation as they are the ones to recommend an appropriate treatment option. You should also make a list of foods that seems to be triggering your symptoms, and try to avoid them. Another likely possibility for your symptoms would be stomach issues. Since you were kept on acid reducer recently, it is important to continue the medication and see their therapeutic benefits. Your gastro doctor can take care of all these possibility.

Please let me know if you any other question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Based upon what I have shared, does this sound more like Gall bladder disfunction (and if it is can that cause the pain? or does this point to other conditions I should be thinking of?
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 4 years ago.
Considering all your information, I favor gall bladder problem because all other potential causes have been ruled out. The next step is to look at biliary flow through HIDA scan to see gall bladder function because in some cases abnormality in those process may lead to gall bladder symptoms.