Andy PhD DABT
Andy PhD DABT, Toxicologist
Experience:  Board certified with 20 years in research or consulting
58853142

O any dietecian or doctor ..... Best type of milk for weight

O any dietecian or doctor ..... Best type of milk for weight loss --

I have a habit of drinking coffee every morning and though I had made lot of changes to my diet but I cant avoid coffee with milk

So I was researching how to limit he damage ---

Do i have to choose LOW CARB or LOW SUGAR or LOW LACTOSE OR ALMOND MILK or SOY MILK

Some say concentrate on carbs some say concentrate on Lactose conent...and so on..

with weight loss in mind please provide me options from best to worst so that I can keep trying each of them and settle for one of them
Hello
Soy milk and almond milk have no lactose.

I am not sure what you question has to do with coffee.

It is not low lactose unless you have lactose intolerance..if you do, the avoid dairy.

Ii is not low carb, but low refined carb..sugar, white flour and white pasta

whole plant foods are high complex carb, protein and phytonurtients and that is what you want the most.

In variety.
Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites.

The main issue for which milk to choose for losing weight is not carbs or fats, but plain old calories. For low calorie options try light soy milk, you can get it down to 60 calories a serving (1 cup) when plain, or 70 calories for vanilla. Skim milk has 90 calories a serving. Unsweetened almond milk can be found as low as 30 calories, with sweetened at 60 calories and vanilla at 90 calories. Coconut milk has 80 calories for regular and 90 calories for vanilla. The rice milks I have seen have higher calories, like 90 calories for unsweetened, and 130 for vanilla. 2% cow milk has about 120 calories, while whole cow milk has 150 calories.

So the list of options you asked for would include:
light soy milk, almond milk, coconut milk, and skim milk

With whole (also called vitamin D) milk being the most calorie packed.

The milk substitutes do have different flavors, so trying different ones is a great idea. Just my personal preference is light vanilla soy milk at 70 calories.

I hope I have answered you question, if you need clarification, please ask.

Take care,
Andy PhD DABT, Toxicologist
Experience: Board certified with 20 years in research or consulting
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK I might not be clear ... First thing is I wanted to find a reaonable replacement or a particular type of milk , We can leave about other lw carb diets such as greens because I am already having them and trying to include as much of them but the question is not about the general low foods which are healthy , the question is to find a replacement for milk

Relation with coffee: I drink coffee by adding lot of milk to it...Kind of Latte :-)) , its like if i can avoid coffee i can avoid milk altogether then i dont need a replacement for milk

The question in other words: In the order of best to worst -- what sort of milk can be used in coffee -- as you know many varities of milk exist -- soy / almond /2% /whole/ fat free /lacrose free and so on....

May be lactose had no effect on weight loss or may be 2 percent milk has more sugars but less carbs than whole milk ...so deciding between 2 percent and whole milk might be tough

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
sorry Andy PhD DABT... this answer is not for you..somebody else also posted an answer and I am trying to reply to them
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
HI Andy .. If its just a matter of calories then I am ok --with 90 or 60 ...just a matter of 30 calories ... currently i am taking fat free which is 90 calories ... Thanks for your answer
Yes the unsweetened almond milk with 30 calories is lower, but I don't think you would like the taste.

Take care,