Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S ; M.D (Psychiatry and Deaddiction), MS. Health Informatics
4079050

Trying to get off abilify and she is feeling sad again. Was

Trying to get off abilify and she is feeling sad again. Was cutting when things got bad on the zoloft. Sees councilor every week. Basically very good kid and we have a good relationship. Stable home life. Dad is involved. She sees mostly poeple and animals she describes as black shapes. She is not considered psychotic because she functions at a high level. Gets good grades ect. and she knows they are hallucinations. Only visual no other senses. She feels they are ominous and scary. From confident outgoing girl she has become timid and unsure.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
Sorry--can you tell me exactly what your question is about this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well it didn't print my initial question which is what supplements or natural methods could be used to balance her brain chemistry and help her get off the heavy duty psych meds with all the side effects
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
OK--now that you've clarified your question, let me opt out and let another expert come in. Please don't respond until that expert contacts you.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Hello
What is the diagnosis here?
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 5 years ago.

There are several Herbal remedies and supplements available which can be tried but please note that these herbal remedies and natural supplements are recommended only in the case of mild depression symptoms and may be not very much effective in moderate to severe cases.

I am giving below a link hoping that it is useful to you. (You will get a detailed information about the herbal product and supplements for depression as well as psychotic symptoms such as hallucinations.)

Herbal remedies and supplements

I personally prefer St John’s wort as a natural product for treating depression.

Best wishes,

Vikas

Please feel free to ask if you need clarification/more information. Kindly click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON if you are satisfied with the answer. POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS are warmly appreciated

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
well that is a useful website but their is a plethora of potentially useful herbs and vitamins and a plethora of potential side effects so I still don't know what specifically I should use. What have you had any personal experience with and what should I avoid? Website doesn't say much about anything but a little blurb. Are there any combinations I should avoid ect?
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 5 years ago.

Please accept my apology for the delay in replying.

As I mentioned earlier, I personally prefer St John’s wort as a natural product for treating depression.

St. John's wort

St. John's wortPlease consult her GP / Psychiatrist and you will get first hand information about this product.

Best wishes,

Vikas

Dr. Vikas, Doctor (MD)
Experience: M.B.B.S ; M.D (Psychiatry and Deaddiction), MS. Health Informatics