Specific point of tenderness would be upper inner part of my thigh kind of where the tendon/muscle area sticks out from your thigh...if that makes sense.
I don't recall any specific incidence that caused the soreness, possibly during a stretch at the end of the night, but i'm not sure, just really noticed it one day when I was trying to run.
No back pain
Don't really know how to describe how severe the pain intesity is. Running and going up and down stairs its the worst, walking is sore and I limp, but every now and then get a sharper pain in the inner thigh that I will feel more than usual.
1) passive stretching of the affected muscle after application of sprayed vapocoolant.
2) physical therapy; simple muscle stretch, augmented muscle stretch, post-isometric relaxation.
3) deep electrotherapy; iontophoresis, phonophoresis, short wave diathermy, electrical stimulation, high voltage galvanic stimulation, biofeedback.
4) local analgesic patch / ointment / spray
5) anti-inflammatory analgesics; Ibuprofen (Motrin / Advil)
6) ischemic compression therapy; pressure on the points
7) mild massage
8) steroid shots
You may meanwhile apply cold compresses, local analgesic spray and take Ibuprofen for 3-5 days. Also try to avoid the painful activities which helps in healing the strain.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.