Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

Seven years ago I was diagnosed with polymalagia rheumatica.

Seven years ago I was diagnosed with polymalagia rheumatica. Since then I have problems with leg aches. It was recommended I take vitamin E. I take 400 units per day but the problem still exists. Can I safely take more? Thanks
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Singh :

Dr. Singh :

There is some evidence that Vitamin E can help with inflammation in those with Polymyalgia Rheumatica. Recommended daily doses of Vitamin E are 1500 units/day. However, since you do obtain Vitamin E in regular diet, it is not recommended to take over 400IU daily for long term use. So I would not recommend taking more, unless your doctor is willing to manage you while on it and monitor levels for safety.

Dr. Singh :

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask. Otherwise please click accept.

Dr. Singh :

Regards.