Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience

Why Does My Chest Feel Cold Inside?

My chest feels cold inside and it hurts to breathe. I am coughing and wheezing badly as it feels like there is fluid in my throat. This has made the bronchial passage sore.

Dr Brims: Hello, Welcome to Just Answer. When did this problem start?
JACUSTOMER-x2bqkn6n: It started with a cold and almost been a week; the cold is gone but the other symptoms persist which is very painful.

Dr Brims: Are you coughing up mucus? Is there fever, chills and shortness of breath?
JACUSTOMER-x2bqkn6n- : No mucus being coughed up and chills present intermittently. I am not sure about fever because I have been taking Ibuprofen. There is shortness of breath and wheezing. My chest feels cold inside and it hurts to breathe. What is the problem and what is the treatment?
Dr Brims : Most likely, it is a viral infection and may require an Albuterol inhaler to help relieve the symptoms. Chills require antibiotics but is less likely if the cough is dry. If mucus is present, it could be a bacterial infection.
Since it is present for over a week, a doctor should be consulted.