Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

Im planning on getting a new tattoo in the next couple of

I'm planning on getting a new tattoo in the next couple of weeks and will also be scheduling cataract surgery soon - do I need to wait a specified amount of time between each? thank you!
HI,Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and i will try to help you with your question today. I will try to discuss your problem in detail and will be happy to answer your follow up questions. Where exactly you are going to get a new tattoo? Any diagnosed medical problem? Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
New tattoo on left shoulder, no medical problems at all. This will be my 4th tattoo.
Thanks for your input. Yes you can get this tattoo safely but as you know there is a remote risk of getting secondary infection in that tattooed area and if you get this infection, the doctor can delay your cataract surgery. If this infection is going to occur, usually it occur in first ten days so you should give a gap of ten days between the tattoo and cataract surgery. This is just to be on safe side. I wish you good luck, both for the tattoo and surgery. If anything not clear, i would be happy to assist you. Please spare sometime to leave a positive feedback. Regards. Dr Hasan.