Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

What is your opinion on taking vitamins and supplements? Im

What is your opinion on taking vitamins and supplements? I'm a college student and I can't buy a lot of healthy foods so I try to drink vitamin water, and certain juices but I mainly eat T.V Dinners since they're cheap.

The vitamins I take are Ginkgo Biloba, Fish Oil Pills, and a multi-vitamin. i was taking vitamin C but they make me have to pee a lot. Are Vitamins and supplements bad to take? Should I not be taking all of these at once?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 4 years ago.

Taking multivitamins and fish oil pills is not harmful (if you are taking them in the dose prescribed in package insert). Ginkgo Biloba perhaps is not necessary in younger age group; so should be avoided. Ideally, nothing beats the healthy food which constitute of fruits, fresh fruit juices, vegetables/green leafy with your normal food. Read about Ginkgo Biloba;

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I read it also helps glaucoma. Do you think it does? I was tested for Glaucoma a few years ago and need to go back to the eye doctor. My eyesight isn't all too good either. Should I stop taking them? Are they negatively effecting me?

Sorry for the delay. I was on another question.

Yes, it may work in glaucoma. Please see the resource for the suggested uses;

It may not be harming you (though it is difficult to say anything positive or negative in an individual circumstance), but glaucoma has established treatment, which should be followed ideally with the supplements.

It is privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun