DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

Smoked marijuana 3 days ago... Brain fog? Anxiety? So Ive

Smoked marijuana 3 days ago... Brain fog? Anxiety?

So I've probably only smoked weed 2 times in my life and I did again 3 days ago. I think had way to much, at least for me. I had a weird high. I was not myself. Screaming and talking and talking about everything I saw or was thinking. Was paranoid about this feeling. Was asking for ambulance. I was shaking pretty bad. I started to see all around in really weird way visually. the whole time I panicked a lot. I lost time feel( it stretched) . Then my friends managed to put me asleep. After I woke up the "craziness" was gone but I continued experiencing lost of time, memory, concentration. kind of like I was in a movie/dream. Since then my brain has been really foggy and I haven't been able to concentrate on anything. I researched a little and the symptoms fit what some call "brain fog". Please google that to get an idea. Also I feel a bit numb at some parts of my body. Time to time I feel like back of my head gets pressure. Especially after waking up after sleep. I am panicking about my condition and afraid that I can not work anymore and be concentrated. I took 2 days off from work and afraid to drive and do anything. No appetite. No interest to do anything.

Overall I feel like a different person and I haven't been able to enjoy anything these past 3 days. I feel distant from everyone and even from myself.

I am hoping that It will get better.

I just want to get my head back to normal so I can enjoy things again and stop worrying. Has this ever happened to anyone before? Anything I can do to stop it and how long will it last? Sorry if things don't make much sense I can't think very clearly right now.

Other people who smoked it aren't like this. They were fine during smoking and the next day they were fine.

It's lasted for pretty long now, could it still be just a weed hangover? And while I really feel horrible it's not just hangover like effects, everything feels slightly off, like my senses and emotions.

Please help what to do and Thank you!

2 hours ago - 4 days left to answer.

Additional Details Also I feel depression an etc. Please tell me if someone had the same after weed affect. and what you did to clear you head/body 2 hours ago I am really really afraid that as one guy said it might be start of schizophrenia
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Hello
If it is only from the drug this should be out of your system in about a week..since you are not a heavy user.

So give it a week...if you still are feeling wrong then see an internal medicine doctor for complete physical and normal labs.

In most instances..and the drug can affect certain people this way...this will be better in a short period of time.

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

What do you mean by" if this only from drug "?

This is basically happend after I smoked Saturday night. Now is Tuesday. I am in the fog condition. Memory problems I see myself like in the dream. Lost time feel. Forgetfull

Could this condition stay forever? Is it a damage to the brain. Shizoprenia? Or etc?

What should I do with my work. I am an engineer. This keeps me paranoid that I can not solve anything.
That i why I am home since monday. I ctried to drive a car- I would say I am not fully keep it under control.

So what do I do to relax and not to think about it. Coz I am getting paranoid
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
No
A drug reaction like this does not stay for ever.
It is not damage to the brain from one time smoking.

I would suggest at this point that you go to the ER or urgent care.
Have a good neurological exam and physical..and this should alleviate some of the paranoia.

Give it one week and if problems see a specialist such as a psychiatrist or neurologist.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dear Doctor I am afraid that I have the following (answer of my question on yahoo answers) please c

1)Doctor Did you have exact cases like mine before?
2)Doctor Do you think I have the same as below: as I understand it he is still experiencing it for 4today years.

Its called Depersonalization Disorder, ive had it a few years and that exactly what your describing, its very common to happen to people after smoking weed, it's a dreaming feeling and sometimes its hard to relax and enjoy something, you worry for no reason and feel disconnected from people and places around you that were once familiar.

Dont worry that it will get worse, because it wont and if you try to forget about it and get on with life it may go away or at least be less noticeable. its kind of an anxiety disorder, medication like valium makes the feeling go away for me, and i feel like my old self again and connected.

but ive only tried valium a few times, never been subscribed anything by a doctor, talk about to people and you will feel better :) Source(s): Have it 4 years
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Hello
1. yes it got better
2. That type of disorder can only be sorted out in person
It would not be caused by marijuana..but the use of marijuana can trigger it.

But for this you need assessment by a PhD clinical psychologist along with testing.
You can't just take care of it on your own.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I apologize for bothering you again. But this condition really drives me crazy.

1)What do I have to do now?
2)How do I get atleast an idea if I got the disoder or not? I smod only few times before. And very light doses. Saturday was my last and heaviest one.
3)should I stay home?
4) what happens with my brain that I fell like in a dream and somewhat numb al over the body plus back of the head gets pressure sometimes.

Thank you
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
I think this has all been answered already.
I will try to re-iterate here.
1. Give it a week, see a professional if you are not all the way better. But..it seems that there is a lot of anxiety at least..so suggest you do this anyway.
2. Clinical PHD psychologist.
3. If you feel bad enough that you have to stay at home..have an ER evaluation.
4. That is not known..but that is alway why a complete physical is recommend...and you want to rule out any other problems.