Dr.Tiwari
Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.
Experience:  M.D.
8775652

a week ago i went to see the ortho to get my power chains on

a week ago i went to see the ortho to get my power chains on my braces and since i was in so much pain i bought myself some ensures to drink. previous to that i was having really bad acid reflux and on friday the day after my appointment i felt a bit numb in the middle of my tummy right below the cleavage area. on sunday the numbness stretched all the way to the right side underneath my bra strap and a bit below that. monday came i felt it more and all the way towards the back and it stops in the middle of my back. i've been like this for a week now. i had the chiro come in and use a stimulator on my nerves thinking it was a pitched nerve and he adjusted me, i went to the dr's on sat and she prescribed gabepentin 300 mg and col-rite 100 mg and she took me off anything that had potassium and coffee. dr said its constipation because she did not hear any bowel movement. i told her that I’ve been experiencing this for a while since i drank the ensures. i asked her if the other pills will help my numbness or tingling sensation go away and she said yes but if it doesn’t she will perform an ultrasound in two weeks and stated that she wants to wait and see if the medications work first. Another thing I want to mention is that my breast have been in pain and swollen for almost three weeks now due to my menstrual cycle. This is the first time I had my breast ache for so long and I think that might be the issue but I may be wrong. can someone please shed some light on this. I’m very concerned. I do not have any pain or rash in that area and I do feel the cold and hot water and anything that brushes by it. Before I forget on my were the tingling sensation is at I feel a bit of some swollen this occurred after my chiro appointment took place.

Dr.Tiwari :

Customer:

hello dr

Dr.Tiwari :

Your information is very long ,i have gone through it.

Customer:

any idea what might be causing this strange sensation?

Dr.Tiwari :

Your main complaints is numbness in body & constipation,Is it right?

Customer:

right now its just the numbness

Dr.Tiwari :

Do you suffer from high blood pressure?

Customer:

no my pressure is normal but i do suffer from migranes

Dr.Tiwari :

Is these abnormal sensations occurring first time?

Customer:

yes never happened before

Dr.Tiwari :

Any weakness in limbs?

Customer:

no

Dr.Tiwari :

Stress?

Customer:

all the time

Dr.Tiwari :

Thanks for information.

Customer:

your welcome

Dr.Tiwari :

In the absence of high blood pressure,weakness in limbs & non specific distribution of numbness it looks that your present abnormal sensation may be just due to stress.Stress may lead to some changes in perception & abnormal reactivity at nerves due to recurrent hyperstimualtion.

Dr.Tiwari :

hyper stimulation.

Dr.Tiwari :

As there is no rashes,no abdomen pain,no guarding or rigidity at abdomen so there does not looks to be any abdominal pathology.

Dr.Tiwari :

There is also past history of migraes which is supporting towards the non organic pathology.

Dr.Tiwari :

migraines.

Dr.Tiwari :

You should do following to have relief in this-

Dr.Tiwari :

-Take a good analgesic so that you may have relief of generalized body pain.

Dr.Tiwari :

-Have a complete sleep ,that should be at least of 8 hours.

Dr.Tiwari :

-Take a good amount of drinking water,at least 8 glasses a day.

Dr.Tiwari :

-Do yoga & meditation.

Dr.Tiwari :

-You may use deep breathing exercises & imaginary relaxation to relive your self from stress.

Dr.Tiwari :

-This will gradually relieve your stress & you will start feel relief from the abnormal sensation .

Dr.Tiwari :

IF CONCURRENTLY YOU FEEL LOSS OF POWER OR ABNORMAL MOVEMENTS AT THE LIMBS THEN PLEASE CONSULT TO YOUR DOCTOR.

Customer:

but what it this doesnt help? can this also be that i may have issues with my gall bladder?

Customer:

*if

Dr.Tiwari :

In gall bladder there is excess of pain at right upper quadrant of abdomen , dyspepsia & reflux symptoms.

Customer:

i do have a lot of reflux symptoms but not all the time

Customer:

dr. should i continue taking my mediacations? are the medications good at this point?

Customer:

*medications

Dr.Tiwari :

You should not take gabapentin,as this may it self lead to constipation & has a suppression effect on nerves.

Dr.Tiwari :

If your pain is not severe then you may have advil or aleeve for relief.

Customer:

ok dr that is what i thought too. is there anything else i may do to help this go away ? is there over the counter creams or oils? should i continue the epson salt baths and compressions?

Dr.Tiwari :

You should also take an evening primrose preparation ,vitamin E & should have good intake of water.

Dr.Tiwari :

You are also experiencing pre menstrual syndrome.

Customer:

should i continue taking vitamin b12 or should i drop it and take multi vitamins instead?

Dr.Tiwari :

Taking vitamin B12,6,CALCIUM & ZINC will be helpful for you.

Customer:

yes i am and i havent started yet. i should be starting my cycle this week.

Dr.Tiwari :

You may also have advil or aleeve or aspirin.

Dr.Tiwari :

Your symptoms will probably go away after your cycle.

Customer:

oh i hope so dr. its just very alarming.

Dr.Tiwari :

I can understand this.

Customer:

thanks you so much dr

Dr.Tiwari :

Welcome.

Dr.Tiwari :

Please be calm ,i hope you will find relief soon.

Customer:

i hope so too dr. i hope it goes away if not then im going to get even more scared and stressed. quick question if it doesnt go away what should i suggest to my dr? a ct scan?

Dr.Tiwari :

A MRI of brain & spine.

Dr.Tiwari :

Hope this will help you.

Customer:

ok ill do that

Customer:

yes it did dr. thank you so much for your help and patience with me.

Dr.Tiwari :

Welcome .

Dr.Tiwari :

If you are satisfied with my answer then please PRESS GREEN ACCEPT.

Dr.Tiwari :

I am always here to help you.

Customer:

yes i am. have a great day dr.