Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

my polpiteal Artery has been ruptured since 1989 and i am in

my polpiteal Artery has been ruptured since 1989 and i am in great pain
can it still be repaired too date

regards Peter
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.
Hello Peter,

Repair with the synthetic grafts can be done even in very old injuries of the vessels. So in all likelihood the vascular surgeon would be able to perform the surgery of popliteal artery repair.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Dr. Arun
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Dr Phophalia

There are major cut backs to our NHS here and i need to convince my GP that my

medical abnormalities can be treated is there something you can do to assist me.

kindest regards Peter

Hello Peter,

Tell me all of your symptoms in detail.
Are you on any medications?
Any significant past medical history or surgery?

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I had an accident in 1989 at work when i fell eight feelt from an aircraft passenger door

sustaining cruciate ligament ruptures, hamstring penetration of my joint capsule with

a ripped off cartilege and peronial nerve damage, there were three areas of exstensive soft tissue damage the worse on the left side of my right leg which did not seem to heal.

twelve months later an MRI was performed and i was rushed to a hospital in the Country for an Arthroscopy in which the joint was cleaned out and the anterior cruciate was repaired by plastic surgery. At home three months later this failed and i developed severe pain in my leg left side following a severe tachycardia in which my chest was

blown out. during a very long recovery my blood pressure was found to be now very high 185/115.

I went to Germany where detail Orthopaedic and vascular reports were issued

reccommending an Artery operation but I could not afford it and it appears that

I am not treated seriously by the local Hospital.

In March 2012 I had an private Ultrasound Scan which revealed the Aneurysms and popliteal artery rupture which would explain the agonizing pain i am in and

the degree of attention i recieved indicated the urgency of required treatment. In fact

their staff begged me to talk to my GP that same day.

I hope this helps

kind regards Peter

Thanks Peter for the details.

The first step would be to convince your GP for the referral to a vascular surgeon and Rehabilitation specialist. I do not think, your GP is able to gauge the exact severity of your medical issues. Once the referral is made and you are seen by the specialists, I feel there recommendations would put you on the right treatment. Apart from the vascular grafting, you need extensive physiotherapy, deep electrotherapy, hydrotherapy, mild massage, acupuncture etc for the treatment. A comprehensive treatment plan is needed for the resolution of your symptoms.

It is privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)