DrThomasMD
DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

uvula long, covered in mucus seeming to hang down from back

uvula long, covered in mucus seeming to hang down from back of top of mouth which seems to be getting lower, throat appearingn smaller. Throat constantly full of thick mucus. sometimes it suddenly runs down causing choking . Seems to run into inner ear which feels blocked, r side worst. tongue feels too large ( bigger r side) rubs on teeth, gets sore. all vey peculiar. affects every waking moment. ENT specialist says all healthy, can only suggest inhalingn menthol infusion.
Hello JA customer, nice to have here today.

Any nose block?

Does the uvula actually ook bigger?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have sent 2 repliees now and box keeps going blank again have you receiived anything?
No, I have not received any reply from you except this one.

Please send it again.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no nose block. uvula looks dark red and wet, as does throat. hard to say if its bigger as one tends not to notice these things when healthy. sometimes it is dragging on tongue and mucus strands cover it and back of mouth from top to bottom.
Sorry to keep you waiting.

The dark red uvula and the throat might indicate that you are having infection here. I would like you to see and ENT specialist or even your GP immediately and ask for a course of prescription antibiotics like Z pack or trimethoprim-sulphamethoxazole.

You should also be examined for the presence of neck nodes / enlarged glands. This is important as your symptoms may be due to infectious mononucleosis or strepto coccus infection. So, throat swab may be necessary for you.

If you have any further question, please get back to me.

I hope my answer is helpful to you.

Please press the "green accept button" to accept this answer and give credit for my work and time.

Positive Feedback and bonus is warmly appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have already stated that my gp sent me to an ENT specialiist and that he saidi everythiing is healthy, so your answer doeesn,t help me at all. I was hopiing for remedies that might imiprovee the symptoms. You haven't mentiiond thee tongue or mucus dropping down.
I guess I will opt out and let other experts help you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I was hoping someone couldl look at the symptoms and come up with a "like cures like" remedies. That's what homoeopathy is all about .I have used it all my life. If no-one can help i feel I should not be paying you anything.
Hello
I am a classical homeopath as well as board certified in internal medicine.
First of all what does ENT say about the mucus and discoloration
Secondly what other symptoms do you have
What other medical problems
simply use reply
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The eNT said I had no cancer, synositis, gland problms. They say throat and tongue are healthy and that i could just try to get rid of mucus with menthol inhalant.

Only other problem I have, apart from aches and pains of ageing, are headaches, these i have had for at least 10 yrs and I can get rid of that in 10 minutes with a cup of coffee. I get labyrinthitis occasaionally, for whiich i have mediication and it soon goes. this ENT condiitiioin has been creeping up for a year or more, not an acute thing.

OK
I am not sure it is an ENT condition
This can be GERD...acid reflux
This can keep a constant irritation of the throat.
Even without heart burn symptoms.
Ph testing of the esophagus could concern this.

A remedy from homeopathy has to treat everything about you based on repitorization
That is a 2 to 6 hours interview with a classical homeopath.
www.homeopathic.org...see practitioner list

I would not use menthol as this antidotes remedies

And instead would use flax seed tea...1 tablespoon to 1 cup, steeped 5 minutes covered..which will normalized fluid in the GI track.
That is a naturopathic intervention.

As far as first aid homeopathy for this in low potency the top remedies based on your description and acute repitorization are
Lachesis
Kali-bi
Nat Mur
Puls
Merc
Calc
bell
Crot t

All 100%
So read about each of these.

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites.

DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Practice Director