Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

I was wondering, when is it better to use anit bacterial lotions

I was wondering, when is it better to use anit bacterial lotions and hand sanitizers, before or after you come in contact with germs?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 5 years ago.
Greetings,

If you suspect that there is a risk of contamination then you can use it before. But if you suspect you can get infection then you need to use it after contact with the infected material or germs.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Me and my old lady are having a friendly debate about the best time. My father has a cold that is supposed to be lasting a month or so the doctor said. We don't want to catch it if we hang around him. What are the best ways to prevent catching a cold?
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 5 years ago.
You need to wash the hands before taking any food. You should use sanitizer after caring him or if you touch any thing you suspect to be contaminated from him. You should also keep touching your nose, mouth or eyes to a minimum as this is the route through which most cold virus enters our body.