Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

My 2year old daughter has a lump on her lower jaw line. Its

My 2year old daughter has a lump on her lower jaw line. It's not IN her mouth, it's On her jaw structure, below the bottom of the side of the gums. It's firm (I wouldn't say "hard") and I can move it around a TINY bit. It is NOT close to the ear - it is about half way between the ear and her chin. It doesn't seem to hurt her. It's maybe the size of a pea, and unless I just didn't notice before, it seemed to flare up out of nowhere. I can't feel it from inside her mouth.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 4 years ago.

Most likely this is a lymph nodes. Kids of 2 years may have some teething issues and thus have mild grade of infection or inflammation in the mouth (as they tend to put things in the mouth). This can enlarge the lymph nodes. This lymph node in all likelihood would resolve on it's own. So you may wait and watch for 3-4 days. If this persists beyond it or increases in size or becomes painful; you may need to consult her doctor.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Dr. Arun