Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience

When I woke up and tried to get up, I almost fell. My right

When I woke up and tried to get up, I almost fell. My right anklle was tingling and it was obvious that it was causing me to lose my balance as I tried to walk. This happened several times. It has been probably 15 mintues since, and now I can walk normally however I still feel as if my ankle was swollen and there is still a lingering tingly sensation.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.

Is it happening first time?

Is there any pain in the right ankle?

Is there any previous disease?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the first time. No pain, no previous disease. By the way, there is still a very slight tingly sensation on the ankle itself.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information,

The tingling sensation can be due to nerve impulses.

There can be pressure on nerve during sleeping which caused the tingling, weakness & fall.

If you notice swelling of the ankle then there can be local inflammation.

It can affect joint, bursa etc.

If the symptoms continue, then you need to take an examination by doctor.

You can try anti-inflammatory analgesics like ibuprofen, naproxen if you do not have any contraindication.

You need to take it after meal to avoid irritation of stomach.
I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long would you think is "normal" to continue to feel the slight tingly sensation before I have to see a doctor? It is still there and it is more noticeable just below the andkle on the top of the foot but not on the toes.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
You can observe for a few hours.

The symptoms should gradually get less.

If not, please take an examination by doctor.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience