Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

Hello, my husband has been experiencing chest pains he decribes

Hello, my husband has been experiencing chest pains he decribes them as some times in both sides of his chest and come and go randomly he says they feel like stinging pains and are worst when sitting or laying he gets up and walks around when his chest begins to hurt.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.

How long the symptom is there?

In which part exactly?

Any test or treatment taken?

Is there any previous disease?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
When it starts hurting it verys it lasts any where from a couple mins to half a day.
Its been a recurring problem around half a year now.

(The pain sometimes in just in one side also). But in the left side from what he says in over where his heart is, and the right side is in the same general area as the left side pain

He had a general xray done on his heart and his doctor listen to his heart (his doctor blamed the pain on allergies) but its been occurring for at least a half a year anyways nothing was found on the xrays.

And the only previous "disease" if youd call it that is as a child he had azma (sorry if i mis spelt that)
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 years ago.
Did he have EKG? or any other test?

Is there pain on pressure?

What does aggravate it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes he had an ekg test. But the doctor didnt say anything was wrong there.
There is no pain on pressure.
As far as aggravating it, sometimes it just occurs like out of the blue but hes realized that the pain worsen if laying or sitting down.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the information, The pain in left side of chest can be due to different factors. It can be due to muscle spasm. It can be felt on right side too. Costochondritis of the ribs can cause it. Inflammation or infection of lung or its covering pleura, reflux, esophageal spasm can cause pain. He had X ray which did not show any abnormality in the lungs. Reflux or esophagitis can cause pain. This can get worse after taking food, on laying down. He can try nexium or antacid. Sometimes anxiety, tension can precipitate it. If he had EKG during pain then it may not be related to heart disease or angina. I hope this information helps. I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification. Please feel free for any follow up query. Best wishes.