Dr. David, Doctor
Experience:  Ten years practicing as a licensed family physician.
19863579

I have bumps all over my arms, stomach and back that are the

I have bumps all over my arms, stomach and back that are the color of my skin or a little pink. They don't itch. They kind of dry up and feel scaley but don't go away. They are not tiny bumps and do not resemble a rash; they are the size of a chicken pock and seem to pop up one at a time. There is no head. Its been a little over 2 months since I noticed the first few. Any ideas?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.

Dr. David :

Hello, I would like to help you with your question about bumps on your arms stomach, and back. There are indeed several possible explanations for the bumps and I would like to help you to narrow down the possibilities. May I ask for more information so that I can help you better? Are you having any other symptoms besides the bumps? Are you currently taking any medications? Could you post a photo?Dr. David

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

Here is a picture. I have no other symptoms at all. I am not currently taking any medications. Thanks.

Dr. David :

I see. Thank you for the photo and additional information. It looks almost like hives. However, hives are usually very itchy. It could be a non-specific allergic reaction to something that is coming in contact with your skin. For example, it may be a good idea to try changing soaps, body products, and laundry detergent to the kind that do not have any perfumes or dyes. Sometimes jewelry can cause this sort of reaction on the skin. It is also possible to have a skin reaction to chemicals in the home, workplace, or in the local environment. Another possibility is that you have a food allergy. Any sort of outbreaks on the skin could be caused by the diet. In general, it is best to avoid processed foods, junk foods, processed sugar, and snacks. There is a food allergy test available that lets you collect a finger-stick blood sample at home which can be sent directly to the lab for analysis. It is called the Food Safe test from Meridian Valley Lab near Seattle, here is a link: http://meridianvalleylab.com/food-safe-allergy-test-home-food-allergy-testing/ Changes in hormone levels can cause skin changes, but usually there are other symptoms associated with decreased hormone levels such as fluctuations in the menstrual cycle. Another possibility is simply "dry skin" caused by changes in the season. Do any of these possibilities seem likely to you? Have you been to a dermatologist to have your skin checked?

Customer:

I have wondered if it was a new body wash that I was using so I changed that a few days ago. I already use the detergent withi no dyes. Since it's all over my stomach, I know it's not a jewelry thing. I eat very healthy but have recently not been eating as well as I should, so I did suspect that my body was mad at me. Thanks for the info on the allergy kit info. If it doesn't go away within the next week or so, I will see a dermatologist. THanks for you help.