Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice
15267045

can you safely wean yourself off fiorinal from home If so,

Customer Question

can you safely wean yourself off fiorinal from home If so, how and what to expect?..........it won't let me enter my credit card nymber
Category: Health
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
you led me to believe she was working on an answer then tell me she mayne offline.....can someone else help?
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 5 years ago.
Dear customer, Hi.Fiorinal is a combination of analgesics and barbiturate along with caffeine.Fiorinal contains aspirin,caffeine and Butabital which is a highly addictive short acting barbiturate. .Fiorinal# XXXXX contains 50 mgm Butabital(a addictive barbiturate),30 mgms of Codeine( aweak narcotic),325 mgms of aspirin and 40mgms of caffeine.The barbiturate and narcotic combination makes a potent addictive mix..It would not be possible to wean yourself off these drugs at home.You will need the help of a doctor,preferably one well versed in helping patients wean off addictive drugs.Since the combination of codeine and a barbiturate makes this a very potent addictive drug.If you have been on this drug for a long time,you may find it a long battle ahead.It would be prudent to talk to your doctor/PCP about this.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it does not have codeine it...I can't take codeine. It seems to me there has to be away to wean yourself off somehow
Even the fiorinal with aspirin ,caffeine and butabital has a very addictive component in the form of the butabital,a barbiturate.Over time one develops tolerance and increasing doses are required for the drug to act.Home weaning is not practical or possible,your doctor/Physician who will help with the addiction will be able to help you with this.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what would happen if I just weaned myself off...are there any riisk...involved...if so what kind?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have canceled my account and requested a refund.