Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

I have low back pain that radiates into my hip and leg. I

I have low back pain that radiates into my hip and leg. I also get sporadic heat sensation in my left leg along with severe spasms in my foot. All of this is on the left side of my body and is worse when sitting for more than a few minutes.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 4 years ago.

How long the symptoms are there? Was any test done? Which specialist did you consult?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have seen a chiropractor, family doctor, and neurologist, but before any definitive answer could be given, I lost my job and insurance.

I know the neurologist stated that I have lost reflexes on the left side and sensation on the left side of my face also...I did not notice any symptoms in my face though.

This has been occurring for approximately 2 years and is worsening with time. The heat sensation and foot spasms are new symptoms and I am getting very scared. Once in a while I have loss of bladder control.
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

When it is affecting face, legs & is affecting bladder control it is likely to be neurological in nature. I am sorry that you do not have insurance, but you need an urgent follow up with neurologist. You need different tests like MRI scan, NCV, EMG etc. You should be under care of a neurologist. Nerve impingement can be there but you need to rule out other nerve disorders when face is affected.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is there any condition that has these symptoms that could be life threatening? If not, I will have to wait until I have insurance since I am unemployed.
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 4 years ago.

If there is nerve impingement, it needs to be relieved urgently as you are feeling difficulty in bladder control. MS can also cause such symptoms. In any case treatment should be started early to prevent permanent loss of bladder function.