Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Twenty years experience in active private practice

I was holding my 8 month old daughter on my stomach on our

I was holding my 8 month old daughter on my stomach on our couch. She somehow knocked the breath out of me and rolled off onto the floor. She immediately started crying - this was at 10:26 PM. My husband immediately got her and we comforted her and she stopped crying around 10:28 PM. My husband says she hit her butt and back first and then rolled onto her head. It all happened so fast; I just don't know. We checked her pupils and my husband swears they look the same size - I just keep thinking the left looks bigger but then took her upstairs and they look the same. (My nerves are rattled and my mind is playing with me). While I was holding and comforting her; she fell asleep but we woke her up and she's been laughing and acting normal. We are giving her a bottle right now.

What should we do? Should we take her to the ER, call our doctor? I can't believe I let her fall from our couch. The couch is 2 ft. off the floor.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD replied 4 years ago.

If she is acting normal and is taking her bottle without any fuss, she is probably all right. You can call your doctor and discuss this with him but I doubt that you need to go to the ER.