DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

I had Nausea and vomited Mar. 31st and according to ENT have

I had Nausea and vomited Mar. 31st and according to ENT have acid burned throat. My Primary PHY. First thought it was Flu even tho tested negative and prescribed -zithromycin 250 mg., qty. 6, continued to get worse running lo fever 100, was put then on Tamiflu75 mg.and Levofloxacin 500 mg. sent toENT with ear hurting (rght) told me to continue meds and sent me to my Gastrologist, whom I saw (one of those "last patient of the day") seen for 5 minutes , explained about the reflux acid burn, prescribed Metoclopramine 10 mg., 1 four times a day for my nausea and help "with digestion". My sore throat is better, have completed meds except the Reglan and no fever, bad taste in mouth, food doesn't taste,& continue NAUSEA. Completed Antibiotic and anti-Viral last Wedn. Should I STIll be having Nausea. Told to come back May 23rd. Gastrologist said would take 4 to 6 weeks to get well. Will my taste return, could this be gallbladder related? oh, have been on Nexium at leastXXXXX Also told me to take 2 Nexium a day( 40mg).saw him on April 24th.Please help with any answers you can give.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Hello
Everything should get better as stated.

none of this sounds gallbladder related
A simple blood test called CMP would show gallbladder function if they have not done that...and liver.

But that is not my concern
With this continued nausea stomach ulcer is the concern..the symptoms might clear up with your current meds, but it would need further antibiotic treatment if you are positive for h pylori..which is a stool test..so have this stool test.

Finally, an ultrasound of the gallbladder would see if there are stones..but you really do not have those symptoms currently.

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites.