Daegan12, Nurse
Experience:  I have many years experience as a nurse, and have worked in many areas. I have worked with people of all ages.

My throat hurts really bad. I was sick last Tuesday and Wednesday

Customer Question

My throat hurts really bad. I was sick last Tuesday and Wednesday with a fever and muscle aches. Thursday thru Sunday was just symptoms of a common cold. Today I woke up to a very sore throat and headache with a very congested nose and back aches. Should I go to the doctor or will mucus relief sinus medication work?
Category: Health
Expert:  Daegan12 replied 4 years ago.
Hello. I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well. If it has been awhile that you have been sick, I would go to the doctor to get a strep test. This would test for strep throat which should be treated with antibiotics. For the symptoms you can try over the counter mucinex which will help with the congestion, and motrin for the body aches. I would certainly call the doctor in the morning and get an appointment. You may also have an upper respiratory infection which would need antibiotics from your doctor. I hope you feel better very soon!