DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Training in all aspects of health care, complementary and alternative medicine, prevention, health.

I was at Ann Arbor V. A. center on 3-30-2012 to

Customer Question

I was at Ann Arbor V. A. center on 3-30-2012 to see a nerologist on feelings that I have als. My name isXXXXX  XXX-XX-XXXX. Presently I have been diagnosed as 100% disabled with ALS by the Disabled Veterans. The neurologist thinks I dont have als but spurs in my neck. What do you think. I can walk; losing weight; memory problem; throat closing and vivid weakness throughout my whole body. Do you feel it is als or not?
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
ALS is a clinical diagnosis and requires examination
What other symptoms if any?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Over the last five years I have had numerious examinations of all sorts and more come back saying I have als than not. I presently in a motorized wheelchair at all times, my throat is closing; I hace a dynovox speech machine for all the times I entirely lose my voice Have lost alot of weight; fall alot and dimentia very badly and at one time was placed in hospice by my primary care doctor. He feels I need back in hospice but other doctors say no.. I have had a emg twice and been in and out of hospital over the years because of 5 strokes and other problems.
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
What did the EMG show?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both emg showed medium to high case of ALS
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
OK
I see no reason to say not ALS
Bone spurs do not cause all of these symptoms

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.
Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites.

DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience: Training in all aspects of health care, complementary and alternative medicine, prevention, health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The two emg I took over a five year period showed more towards als one the first emg exam then the secong emg. The second one was about 75%/25% in favor of als. Can you send me your answers in writing to Eugenel. XXXX XXXXXX XXXXX;;;; Prudenville, Michigan XXX. I would appreciate it very much since I dont have a printer to my laptop. GENE XXXX
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
no we can only use these posts
you can copy them with edit and paste to a word document.

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......