Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

What makes your stool a light brown yellowish color? I just

What makes your stool a light brown yellowish color? I just noticed it.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
No other changes in bowel movements? Any cramping or abdominal pain?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, not really.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
Any change in urine color? Any yellowing of the skin or eyes?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, no jaundice. My urine is the usual clear-yellow. I've been checked within the last year for live functions, and they did blood work, and they did an ultrasound. I've done this like two years in a row and both times it was negative. I was having pain in my right side then, not really any now. How long does it have to be yellow before it means a liver/pancreas/stomach/kidney thing?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
Just one more question first--any possible relation to anything you might have eaten?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't know, really. I had a protein shake that had like a yellowish color to it. I also have GERD, so could that be it? I ate sausage last night, and a greasy pizza type thing for lunch, and I had pancakes for breakfast. I've been drinking a little soda. Not too much. And some orage juice. Thats about it.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
OK--I don't think this is much to worry about unless it becomes a continual thing. It usually is a sign of a digestion problem, and usually involving fats. While a gall bladder condition or a liver condition or perhaps a pancreatic cpndition could cause this, usually there'd be other symptoms and problems. For now, I'd say just see how it goes--could be from what you ate--and, unless, as I said, it becomes continual, I don't think you need to have it evaluated with a stool sample, blood work, ct of the abdomen, and upper and lower endoscopy which would be the whole nine yards of workup for this particular symptom.