Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice
15267045

Mild to moderate pain left lower pelvic area. Comes and goes.

Customer Question

Mild to moderate pain left lower pelvic area. Comes and goes. Sometimes across pelvis, pressure on bladder. Had UTI for the first time 3 weeks ago. Only got diagnosed because I saw hematuria. Precribed urizone 3g. Led to Vaginal yeast infection. Another UTI 1 week ago. Prescribed Ciprobay. Urine now clear. Stomach crampy too, slight loose stools. (perhaps due to antibiotics?). Sometimes I experience a gassy feeling.

I have had a cyst in my left kidney since ahe 17, only had symptoms as a teenager.
I have a disc hernial on L5 and SI as well, sever pain that only cleared up a month ago.

47 years old, still on birth controll pills. Light periods. No abnormal bleeding between periods.
Category: Health
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 5 years ago.
Dear customer,
Hi.I will try and help you with your query.Have you been investigated for the haematuria and urine infections by a Ultrasound scan/Abdominal X-Ray/IVP and a urine culture and drug sensitivity to identify the infecting bacteria and the best drug for it?Has a uretric stone/bladder stone been ruled out and what is the opinion of your gynaecologist/PCP or doctor regarding any PID or other cause of pelvic pain?The gassy feeling and loose stools may be due to dietary indiscretions or a mild giardia / viral infection.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, not yet. Am awaiting urine culture results. No ultrasound yet. Stone not ruled out yet. My family doctor is on leave, the current GP does not know me well .
It would be best to get investigated so as to prevent recurrent problems/infections.I am sure you are in good hands and your doctor/GP will help you find a complete cure for your problem.You can discuss the matter with him to settle your mind.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

What are the possible causes to consider?

I would like a Gynaecological examination and a ultrasound examination to rule out any pelvic infections,uretric/bladder stones,ovarian cysts or tubal infections,any diverticulosis,colonic problems and any musculoskeletal causes of the pain.Endometriosis of the pelvic organs may also need to be ruled out.