On Call MD
On Call MD, MD
Experience:  US Board certified Physician

My symptoms started with a fluttering sensation in my chest,

My symptoms started with a fluttering sensation in my chest, upon waking at night only.
I could feel this fluttering if I touched my skin anywhere on the upper torso. Then followed vibrations in the left side of my chest, this often happens all night. Then these vibrations started to coexsist with heart pounding harder ( not faster) the heart rate is always normal, there is no vibration in the pulse. Sometimes the sensation of heart pounding can last hours. I found reducing alcohol intake, gluten, and carbs reduces heart pounding time. I also get dead arms in the night. sometimes both arms sometimes my right arm.
I was concerned I had AF but the cardiologist said I do not.
I also have neck and upper back pain, every day for the last 2 years. I have all these symptoms every day and night. My doctor has put it all down to stress and anxiety. I do
not consider myself anxious. I just seem to have so much going on, I wonder if I have a nerve issue, but saw a neurologist for chronic fasciculations which started before all the vibrations and flutters and pounding and he said I am fine. I am so not fine. I am at my wits end living with all this stuff going on. I would be very grateful for any insight you may have. I am a 45 year old female. I do not smoke and I am not overweight. Thank you.
Category: Health
Expert:  On Call MD replied 2 years ago.

On Call MD :

Welcome to Just Answer It is my pleasure to help you today

On Call MD :

sorry to hear about your problem

On Call MD :

anxiety can cause all such symptoms

On Call MD :

however

On Call MD :

before giving out such diagnosis i would like you to do whats called holter EKG

On Call MD :

its basicly an EKG that you can wear for 24 or 48 hours at homw and it can record all cardiac rhythm to rule out any arrythmia that could be treated

On Call MD :

and then we can treat accordingly after it

On Call MD :

I hope i was able to help you

On Call MD :

If you have another question just ask please press the green ACCEPT button if you are satisfied ...your POSITIVE FEEDBACK is very much apperciated ,BONUSES are not expected but are warmly apperciated if you are well satisfied..It has been a pleasure helping you today ..Answers are for INFORMATIONAL use only it DOES NOT replace a doctor visit

Customer:

Thank you for your answer. I have had a 24 hour holter provided by the cardiologist along with a scan of the heart. I made notes of the times I had the flutters and internal vibrations and nothing showed up on the monitor. I also went to the A&E after 9 hours of heart pounding and they hooked me up to the heart monitor and my heart rate was normal and did blood tests and all came back fine. I have had blood tests for almost everything. Maybe it is something I have to live with. I also get chest pain on my left, sharp but doesn't last long not often, every now and then.

On Call MD :

have been in lots of stress lately

On Call MD :

?

Customer:

I did have a lot of emotional stress for some considerable , which eased about 8 months ago, I suppose it could be post stress.

Customer:

Can I ask please, can a irritated vagus nerve cause the heart to over stimulate

On Call MD :

for me i would agree with your cardiologist

On Call MD :

these all fits under stress related symptoms

On Call MD :

i would recommend anxiolytic like ativan that should improve your symptoms

Customer:

Thank you doctor for your time. I am most grateful.

On Call MD :

you are most welcome

On Call MD :

If you are satisfied please press ACCEPT unless you have any clarifications or question

On Call MD, MD
Experience: US Board certified Physician