DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director

What will have a greater effect on the future cost of health

What will have a greater effect on the future cost of health care in the United States: political and social changes medicinal and technological advances?
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 4 years ago.
Political changes..or not.
If health care is effectively provides as some form of universal coverage then income and expense sheets can be balanced and cost controls can effectively put into place.

This is pretty much regardless of how it is done. However, pure provide motives on the bases of keeping people sick and in need of expensive intervention will have to be curtailed or even reversed completely.

Socially this means that the individual awareness has to be one of prevention, and health maintinnence..much the opposite of what is going on now.

Technological advances will mean naught if these other areas do not occur, as it will perpetuate the much disproven knowledge that our technology can always save us.

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites.