Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate
18703594

how long does it take to heal from a ruptured ovarian cyst

how long does it take to heal from a ruptured ovarian cyst it has been 5 weeks and I still feel tired and pressure going to the bathroom. I also have pain in my thighs to my knees. My doctor ordered another Lipase test?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
Why a lipase test, this has nothing to do with an ovarian cyst?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the office said I need to get more blood work done and this was the test ordered
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 2 years ago.
What are the results of the ultrasounds?
Do you have pancreatic problems?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the office never mentioned the ultrasound results only ordered this additional test. I had a cyst rupture in Hawaii on vacation. They gave me pain meds and antibiotics and told me to see my doctor when home in canada. I did and he ordered blood work, another ultrasound. Ultrasound tech second time told me she could see cyst. Have not heard from my doctor other than this additional lipase test. I am still having discomfort and pressure, not so much pain when having a bowel movement and frequency and urgency of urinating.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 2 years ago.
Have you been evaluated for an UTI, urinary tract infection?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes he ordered a urine test with full blood work up
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 2 years ago.
And what were the results, they must have told you something?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the only thing I have heard is this additional test. Doctors in canada are so busy, so their policy is no news is good news and that is why im wondering. They dont discuss test results unless there is a problem.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 2 years ago.
Has the pain improved at all?
What medications are you using?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the pain has gotten better but very slowly. I was on Morphine in the hospital and Oxy for a few days after. I was taking a stool softner to aid in constipation. I have since been off everything minus the occasional advil and I take a stool softner every two days to ensure a regular soft movent. I have not excercised for fear of aggravating it more. I need to excercise. My moods are nastly....I dont know if this hormone related but Im assuming. I am one of those people that need to excercise, I can weight easily and feel every pound I gain.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 2 years ago.
Are you using any birth control?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 2 years ago.
Did they say when you had the ultrasound if there was blood in your pelvic cavity?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
said he could see dried blood and lots of fluid....I had swelling in my stomach, legs and feet.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 2 years ago.
Well this sounds like you had a LOT of bleeding and hence the blood can cause a LOT of pain, and until the blood is reabsorbed, you will continue to have pain.
Now, to prevent this in the future, I would recommend a birth control such as a pill, the Mirena IUD, the Patch or the Ring so that you do NOT ovulated and hence you will not have cysts.
I hope this helps, please click on ACCEPT, thank you
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience: Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate