Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

I HAVE ROUND SORES ON MY BODY. tHEY ITCH AND THAN FORM A SCAB.

I HAVE ROUND SORES ON MY BODY. tHEY ITCH AND THAN FORM A SCAB. MY DOC GAVE ME ANTIBOTICS AND A CREAM DIDN'T WORK.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 2 years ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

When did you start the antibiotics?

Dr Brims :

Can you see my replies?

Customer:

Several weeks ago

Dr Brims :

Are you having computer problems?

Customer:

my computer is slow, but I had a hard time finding the responice area.

Dr Brims :

Ok

Dr Brims :

This may be due to a fungal infection rather than a bacterial infection, so you may require a topical or oral antifungal drug to treat this

Customer:

ok. how could I get a fungal infection?

Dr Brims :

I don't understand your last question

Customer:

how can you catch a fungal infection

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Customer:

Yes I am, waiting for your answer.

Dr Brims :

You catch a fungal infection by being exposed to a fungus

Customer:

ok... Where can you do this. Is it air-borne, from a home, or just being outside?

Dr Brims :

It would depend on the type of fungus

Customer:

so how do I find out what it is?

Dr Brims :

You would have to have a dermatologist take scrapings for a culture

Customer:

That has been done and they say its shingles

Dr Brims :

That would mean it is a viral infection and you should be on an antiviral drug

Customer:

so give me a name of the drug and I will tell u if I have been on it.

Dr Brims :

acyclovir

Customer:

thats a new one for me. all I had was antibotics

Dr Brims :

That is the treatment for shingles

Customer:

so what do I do....These things are all over the place and I itch and the scab. I never had chicken pox but they look like that,minus the blister

Dr Brims :

Cool wet compresses may help

Dr Brims :

And you would have to ask your doctor to prescribe the medication for you

Customer:

thats it?

Dr Brims :

You need medication

Customer:

what meds?

Dr Brims :

acyclovir or valtrex

Dr Brims :

Those are drugs used for shingles

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Dr Brims :

Is there anything else you would like to ask on this topic?

Customer:

so is this a form of shingles?

Dr Brims :

You told me doctors took scrapings and diagnosed shingles

Customer:

yes, but I don't have the rash

Dr Brims :

Okay, then you need to see a dermatologist to take scrapings of the sores to determine what the cause is

Customer:

thank you for your time

Dr Brims :

You're welcome

If you have other questions at another time you may request me by starting your question with "for Dr Brims", or reply to this question

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this topic

If not, please click the green ACCEPT button or smiley face to end this chat

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience