Andy PhD DABT, Toxicologist
Experience:  Board certified with 20 years in research or consulting

is lime dangerous to breathe. It comes in a crystal form

is lime dangerous to breathe. It comes in a crystal form combined with pine, cedar and other plant oils. It is sold at Bed And Bath. You uncover the container and it is supposed to remove (not cover) odors. I have lingering paint odors (2 months old) from when I painted my 4 room apt. Would the lime in the product effect my lungs as I have asthma. (XXX) XXX-XXXX [email protected]
Category: Health
Expert:  replied 4 years ago.

Are you talking about Fresh Wave odor neutralizing products? If so, it is not toxic. For your asthma it should not cause you problems unless you are allergic to lime, pine, cedar, aniseed, or clover or you find it's sent irritating. It sounds like the paint odor is more irritating to you. Having paint odors 2 months after painting is unusual. The odor is mostly from solvents that are evaporating from the paint, they should be gone by now, but apparently are not. You could try to speed up the process by turning up the heat in your apartment and ventilate it. If you have infrared heaters they might work better by heating the paint directly while allowing you to keep ventilating the apartment. These heaters heat with infrared light, like french fry warmers, so it can heat the paint when it is pointed at it (at a safe distance with nothing combustible between in and the wall) and not just the air in your apartment which will just blow out of the apartment when you ventilate it. I am not endorsing this product at all, but just to give you an idea of the kind of heater I am talking about (<yp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar). There also may be something wrong with your paint since it is still producing odors, you may want to contact the place where you got it, or better yet the manufacturer.

I hope this helps.

Take care,