Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

i had a small itchy red patch at corner of eye a couple of

i had a small itchy red patch at corner of eye a couple of days from coming back off holiday and my eye was swollen for a couple of days but cleared up then a couple of weeks later it came back same very small red rash and itchy but this time it made my eye far more swollen ,the swelling and puffiness has gone after three days but the small red rash is still there im scared its going to flare up again cant think its any of my eye creams (although have stopped using them at moment) as other eye is perfectly ok.
Can you describe the rash?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes its very small dark red and itchy although at the moment the itching has stopped and although the rest of my eye (outer eye ) became red and sore and also very puffy this has now gone but this small area at corner of eye is still there hence im worried it might flare up again .
Ok. This sounds more like an allergic reaction than something like eczema. As to what's the stimulus for the reaction that isn't always apparent, and if it were makeup or eye creams you'd expect both eyes to be involved. For now I'd suggest nothing on the eyes except some calendula cream and taking benadryl or Claritin for the itching.