Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS

I have a black spot on the tip of my uvula and it is swollen.

I have a black spot on the tip of my uvula and it is swollen. Other than this I do not have a sore throat or anything else. What's wrong with me?
Category: Health
Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer Health.

If you did not injure this with hot food, or it is not irritation from an throat infection, it is important that you see a health care provider in person. Only by examining it in person would we be able to tell you anything further. And if on examination it does not appear to be inflammed from injury, a biopsy will be needed to determine if it is a growth of any type.

Do you have any further questions about this? Please reply if so. If I am away from the computer at the time you reply, I will reply within an hour or two (at the most)

Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 4 years ago.
Hello. I hope you are doing well. I am wondering if you were able to be seen, or if the problem resolved on it's own or not?