Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

In Arkansas, how can a Certified Nurses Assistant lose her

In Arkansas, how can a Certified Nurses Assistant lose her license?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Can you tell me what happened exactly?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I work for a homebound company. My patient is a 92 year old female who fell off a kitchen bar stool and hit her clavicle very hard. She had fallen before that and experienced a subdural hemotoma. Her son called me at home asking what he should do. I told the son to make sure he takes her immediately to the ER. I was not on duty at the time. I am a CNA. I have been personal friends with the lady for five years or more. Her son called me as a concerned friend. The agency worte me up for insubordination because I advised the son to take her directly to ER, although I also advised the son to call my agency to report the fall. I am planning to go to work for her as a private pay CNA and my lady is willing to pay the no-compete fee of $2,500 for me. My boss at the agency threatened to have my license revoked. Is that feasible?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
No, not at all, and your boss wouldn't have that authority anyway. You did exactly the correct thing and you didn't do anything that would make the licensing board consider revoking your license.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When I go to pick up my check Wednesday, I am supposed to sign some papers. I asked if I were fired, and the owner said to me "just go about your business, enjoy your day and we will see you Wednesday." I think I will be hit with a $2,500 promissory note because I broke a contract and am considering working for my private pay person. The trust that pays the bill will pay for my $2,500 separation fee. I don't want to sign any paper that says I did something wrong. If you agree, I won't sign their insubordination paper.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
I don't think you should sign anything like that before having a lawyer review it and it still wouldn't put your license in jeopardy.