Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Doctor chip in ur answer u wrote just for now u oj now u got

Customer Question

Doctor chip in ur answer u wrote just for now u oj now u got me even more scared
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
How in the world did that scare you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I dont know i am vert trusting and volnurable people take advantage of me allways in scholl my only friend in college so if sometning says something like that u know for now i understand it as i am not sure maybe u will ger worse and die but now u ok . U know this weekend we went to the mall i felt great bought myself spring close i wzs panicky when i was looking for something in my bag and i couldnt find aspirin because just in case but i let go and now this for a person with hypo and panick a cold means alot
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I understand how any physical symptom can worry you, but again, this sounds like a typical cold or the flu.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When would u worry. also i take advil drink tea and eat garlic , what else should i do also how long the normal cold last and last shoukd i just lay or i can do anything in the house
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
A cold may last two or three days; the flu up to ten days to two weeks. And if I told you what might make me worry, I'm afraid you'd take that information and run with it if you started to have any more symptoms than what you have right now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is the diff between cold and flu and do u think i need to see my doctor and also i wrote what i do can u add snything to it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Colds usually don't cause any fever and the symptoms are usually limited to the nose and maybe the eyes. With the flu there's usually a fever, muscle aches, nausea, chills--one feels much more sick.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So i have runny nose sore throat i took temp in a mouse it showed 97 i dont know if its acurate and my body aches and u didnt say what should i do take to make it go away faster and not cause any damage
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sounds like the common cold, and something like extra vitamin C and either a zinc pill or Zicam will be the best for limiting how long it lasts.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So what i do like advil tea lemon garlic doesnt work i take vit d oy i am sorry u prob thinking when will she leave me alone
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No--you're never a bother for me. Just because one takes all the supplements and teas and everything doesn't mean the symptoms just suddenly leave.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know it will take time i will do everything nesesarry just dont want ant any damage tonthe heart . Now off the topic we have been talking for sometime and i know i asked sometimes stupid questions when in panic u could have said i am sorry its too much for me but u continue to help can i ask why
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Are you asking why I don't just tell you to leave me alone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Three reasons--I'm a doctor and that's my job. Second, even if I weren't, I'd still try my best to help anyone who'd suffering. Third, and a selfish reason, I get a warm, fuzzy feeling from helping people, even those who don't seem to appreciate it (and I'm not referring to you there).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Trust me i appreciate it and thats why i am asking because with my disease i cakl as i see it i do need advice and reasurance and u give it to me. i prob asked same questions many times and u pasiontly answer so i am amased. even now i panic because i think that my cold will make me die u take time to explain
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Explain what exactly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
U explain what i probably have and what i dont have and what i need to do and dont do.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You mean about these cold symptoms you're having?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
About cold about heart about pe , even though i read on msn that a homeless woman came to hospital with leg pain they told her to leave she wouldnt so they arrested her and she died in jail from pe u can only emagine what i felt when i read it. And now too with me having this cold or flu i was watching dr g show my husbsnd now blicked all the medical channeks but the was a guy who had a cold a month before and then two days before wedding died from miocarditis thats why when i get cold i am scared even though the doctor g said its very rare but me i alkways put myself in a rare category
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That was a viral syndrome that went on for a month and as I said, one doesn't just wake up one day with a viral heart infection. And the common cold simply doesn't lead to a viral myocarditis. This is not a threat to your heart and you mustn't think it is.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But be honest if i go to the doctor in two weeks she will listen she will hearbif anything is wrong right
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Of course, she'll listen and examine you and decide if you need any testing--although I doubt she'll decide you need anything except a cholesterol recheck.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I mean if i have a cold now she by listening to jy heart will hear any damage
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, first off, I don't have any doubt that what you have now is a cold and that it won't affect your heart in any way. So, yes, when she examines you your heart will be normal to the exam.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But can i ask u i dont know how old u r but why i am fairly young have three fourbcolds or flues a year andbunhave once every five years
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I'm 61 and I guess I just have good genes--never really been sick more than a week at a time every several years.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
U, lucky ok i have two more questions and u can post an answer fisrt can i do phisical work like cleaning and stuff while having a cold and second u dont thing i need to see my doc before thev13
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You can do anything you want physically, just don't push it to the limit and rest as much as you can. And, no--I see absolutely no reason for you to have to see your doctor before the 13th.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice