Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Hello so my weekend was ok i was concentrating on my daughter

Customer Question

Hello so my weekend was ok i was concentrating on my daughter and didnt think about myself well here is the bed part today i got sick runny nose sore throat ache all over watery eyes feeling crappy weel it was a trigger now i think i will have miocarditis and die . Pks help
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
What heart condition exactly is it that you now think you have?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Infection to the heart u prob laughing there
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Like bacterial endocarditis? And, no, I'm not laughing.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Something like that i thought it called miocarditis and it scares me i cant get sick its a bad trigger for me i check my heartbrate znd its faster my throat is scrachy and i feel nauseous becaus of it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
OK--first off, no one goes from physically fine one day to heart infections the next.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok so what do i do and why do i get these colds alot do i need to rush to er or wait and treat at home
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
So with typical symptoms of a cold or early flu, you're considering a visit to the ER?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well tner is a normal person who will take advil or hot tea and wait a week and there is me who thinks she has a heatt infection because i havea cold very panicky and honestly since wednesday i wad doing better
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
OK, and I realize we're not dealing with what you're calling a normal person, but what more can I tell you heart-wise other than any heart infection simply doesn't just occur one day?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can this be just a simple coldanf it wont caudr infe tion or should i worry i go to my doctor on the 13
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Well, what if I told you that if I came down with these symptoms, I wouldn't be worried and I certainly wouldn't rush off to see a doctor?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
J would trudt because u r a doctor
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Well, that's the God's honest truth. I get the flu about once every five years and I know in the morning I have it and then I usually get a fever of up to 103, shakes, chills, aches, headaches, nausea--the whole nine yards. But at no time during all that am I ever worried that I might have a heart infection.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well i get it a couple of times a year maybe because of my girl maybe my immune system is bad but every time i panick can u pls give me an answer i will put my baby to bed and will get back to u
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
OK--just for now, I'm not worried anything serious is going on with you.