Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

I cannot lose weight and have an ovarian cyst. weight gain

I cannot lose weight and have an ovarian cyst. weight gain is rapid. Could this be Oestrogen Doninance.if so what can i do about it
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. German replied 4 years ago.
Hi, welcome to justanswer , what they called Oestrogen Dominance is basically an hormonal imbalance disorder .
If you have being trying to lose weight and you are not successful regardless you have a healthy diet and you exercise a lot , there could be an underlying medical condition involved including : high cortisol blood levels, diabetes ,high insulin blood levels,low thyroid hormone blood levels,metabolic syndrome, hypothalamic dysfunction,renal disorders ( product of fluid accumulation),depression or anxiety , certain medications ( like hormonal contraceptives, corticosteroids , cyproheptadine, antidepressant or antianxiety medications could also produce weight gain ), irregular levels of estrogen or progesterone ( your doctor could determine if there is an hormonal imbalance performing some blood tests ) or polycystic ovary syndrome ( this is disorder product of multiple factors from increased insulin tissue cell's resistance, excess insulin production and hereditary factors ) .
I would recommend you to consult an Endocrinologist Specialist so He can evaluate you and perform some hormonal tests , blood tests and a complete profile of your nutritional habits to determine what is specifically producing this sudden weight gain so you can be treated properly.
If there is an hormonal imbalance that will need to be treated ,for example, if your thyroid blood levels are low, thyroid hormone supplementation will be prescribed . If there is an hormonal imbalance in the levels of estrogen and progesterone , your doctor could give you combined low dose contraceptive pills with estrogen and progesterone or give you progesterone for some days every month .
Treating any type of hormonal imbalance you could have will help you to lose weight , combined with a healthy diet and a regular exercise program.
If you like the answer,please click accept so I can get credit for my work . I do not get credit for my work unless you click the green accept button .
If you have any additional questions or any doubts you wanna ask me, I will be here to help you.