Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I need a Neurologist. On Feb 10th 2012 I was admitted into

I need a Neurologist. On Feb 10th 2012 I was admitted into the hospital for a possible TIA. I had all kinds of test rub MRI MRA and CT scan as well as echo of my heart and cartorids artries in my neck. Thus whole thing started on FeB 7th when I went to the ER for abdominal pain and rectal bleeding. I was diagnosed with a UTI and hemmorriods. After that I was completley obsessed with checking my feces to make sure there was no blood because of my acid reflux/gets I was convinced that I had internal bleeding. Two days later I got a very bad headache which I thought was a sinus headache due to where I was feeling pain/pressure at. The headache was relieved slightly but still kind of lingered and when I woke up the next morning I still had it. The headache went away that day but returned that night so bad that I left my boyfriends house and went home in fear of dying. I woke up the next morning with a very funny heavy feeling in the right side of my face and also my right ARM and my right leg a little bit. I went to work all day and just didn't feel well I felt very unsettled almost like I just wanted to run away from everything. I came home from work and took a nap then when I woke up from my nap the feeling almost del worse than before. I went to the ER and was admitted and tested and told it was possible I had a TIA. I was released from the hospital and told to take 325 mg of asprin a day and to follow up with my PcP who told me I probably didn't even have a TIA but because of insurance reasons the hospital had to say something. I followed up with the neurologist who told me I was fine and ahe would see me again in 3months. I have since had this feeling almost everyday since then. I have gone back to the ER 3 times and was discharged with a sinus headache and no explaination of the funny feeling on my right side. I have also had neck pains in the front of my neck and back of my neck. I also started to get random tingling feelings in my ARM leg and head. I have been told by someone that this could all be anxieties and I could be suffering from bad anxiety. Could that be true?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Did the neurologist have any suggestions as to what this might be other than a TIA?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She said it could be migraines w/ aura
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That was my first thought, yes. So are your wondering whether instead of that this could just be an anxiety problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But for instance I have the feeling on the right side of my body right now but no headache. And I will get a headache with out the feeling. I have never felt this prior to Feb 10th 2012. I have high BP but I have started a med for that

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
And with either the headache or the other feeling--how often and how long?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
To better describe the feeling.... My ARM doesnt go numb unless I lean on it a certain way. It just has a funny feeling but I can still use it normally
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Same for the other areas that went numb?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would say 2-5 times or more a week and it can last all day sometimes. Sometimes I will go to sleep with the feeling wake up feeling ok then het the feeling later on in the day for the rest of the day
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Always the right side
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
And the brain scans were perfectly normal? Did you have any scans of the spine or studies like nerve conduction studies or EMG's?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sometimes there is a little pain involved like a dull pain. In my ARM, neck and back area
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
And as to my last question above?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They said everything was normal of all the testing done in the hospital except for a.fetal origin of the right PCA which I was told is not abnormal. Bp further testing has been done. I feel like when I go to the DR they don't listen which is what has lead me here.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. I don't think this is anxiety--just doesn't fit the pattern. TIA's don't fit either. Variant migraines are still a possibility, but this lasts too long to make that likely. Multiple sclerosis is a consideration, but with a normal brain scan, very unlikely. ALS--Lou Gehrig's disease--is a real possibility here and it can be difficult to diagnose. I'd get a complete spine scan and the nerve conduction studies and EMG's to work that up.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The neuro checked for MS and she said no signs of it. I was very nervously about that also because I have a friend with MS and she felt the same way which lead to her diagnosis. How do I request these test u are talking about?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Simply suggest the possibility of ALS since that would be the standard way of working it up.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok so start with my PCP? I had a feeling it was not TIA's because of how long the symptoms last
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
The PCP could order the spine MRI but a neurologist would have to perform the nerve conduction studies and the EMG's.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's almost feels like the right side of my body is swollen but there are no visuals of swelling
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Any unusual feeling that has no visible signs is usually neurological.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you I will contact my PCP tomorrow
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, but please let me know how it goes.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice