DrThomasMD
DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

i feel like I have a lump in my chest, just below my sternum.

Customer Question

i feel like I have a lump in my chest, just below my sternum. There is nothing physically there that I can feel. I have also have shortness of breath and a tightness in my chest that comes and goes.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello
You need an EKG as this point.
If not heart this is likely to be reflux disease..acid reflux.
But heart disease must be ruled out..it is under diagnosed in women , still.

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you think I should head to the ER or can I contact a cardio doctor tomorrow AM?
ER is safer