Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

i am 39 188 lbs. I have had kidney stones in the past. 4 or

i am 39 188 lbs. I have had kidney stones in the past. 4 or 5 diff times last one 4 years ago with them going in to break it up. I have had pain in my right side in the kidney area for about two weeks. i have felt swollen and a bit of pressure on my right side like a stone from time to time. my urination is strong but a bit yellow. i know that i don't drink enough fluids but i try. The pain is getting worse and i can see that my side is distended a bit. and yes it hurts a bit to press on it.like i said in the area of my right kidney going down the front above my hip. What does this sound like.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 2 years ago.
Greetings.

This sounds like the kidney stone. Since the pain is going down to hip area, this may be going down to ureter and bladder. Ureter is the tube which connects kidney and bladder. The distension and tenderness is due to a condition called as hydronephrosis (which means water retention in kidney by the obstruction caused by the stone), Drinking 3 liter fluids per day should be able to help you passing this out spontaneously. You may take Ibuprofen for the pain which relaxes the ureter and help in stone passage.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Dr. Arun
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
For this long? Even with good urination? Could i have multiple stones?

Even a solitary stone can stay for a two weeks and take longer to pass. With the stone many of the patient also pass small concretions which too may be responsible for the symptoms.

It is privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun