Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

The skin around my boyfriends eyes has darkened suddenly, it

The skin around my boyfriends eyes has darkened suddenly, it has happened before and seems to occur when he gets very angry. He Mexican and has fairly dark-skin anyway.
Should we be concerned?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
How long does it last and is it that it just seems darker or does it actually turn bluish?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It usually lasts a few days, and its definitely darker but not so much bluish. it occurs on the top, outside edge of the eyebrow and around u nderneath his eye, almost as if he got hit.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
Well, if it lasts that long it needs evaluation. Although it could be an allergic thing, anemia, thyroid conditions, and autoimmune disorders like lupus could cause something like this so he needs to be screened for those.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It seems to only show up after he gets really angry . . . .do you think the two are related??
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
Well, it could just be increased blood flow but that shouldn't last for a few days. I still think he needs evaluation for this.