Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS
8413180

I have permanent nerve damage, I used to take Norco, is that

I have permanent nerve damage, I used to take Norco, is that still available? If so, can I get a prescription or do I need to see my local doctor? Thanks
Category: Health
Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for writing JustAnswer Health.

No prescriptions can be provided through this site. Physicians are required to see you in person in order to prescribe for you. We are an educational and information service. No legitimate online service will prescribe medications for you. We can make recommendations, but you will always need to see your physician in person.

There are some off-shore websites that will claim to prescribe medications over the internet, but usually they will take your money, without ever delivering a product, or if you recieve a product it may be inferior and an unregulated product. Since it is illegal to prescribe without seeing the patient in person, the product may not make it past customs, if an attempt is made to send it to you.

So yes, you will need to see a doctor in person.

Medications recommended for nerve damage include Neutrontin, Lyrica, and Cymbalta. Opiate's like Norco, tend to work for only short periods of time, and then a tolerance develops, so they are not useful for treatment of chronic conditions.

I'm sorry I am sure this is not the answer you were hoping to hear, but this is factual information.

This link provides self care measures you may find useful to try at least until you are able to see your doctor for evaluation and treatment:

http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/nerve-pain-self-care

If you have further questions on this topic please reply to this post so that I can assist you or refer you elsewhere.