Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Could I have an allergic reaction to imitation crab meat? I

Could I have an allergic reaction to imitation crab meat? I have had runny diarrhea since Friday it's going on 3 days. I tried eating some rice and vomited it all back up;-( orange juice and a banana stayed down and water is staying down now... I've had no fever or cold chills
What exactly did you eat and how was it prepared?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I ate an imitation crab cold noodle salad made by a coworker it was only a cup
Any yellowing of the skin or the whites of your eyes?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
None that I have seen my mother did as why am I brown on my chest I am pretty fair skinned like snow white lol
You mentioned allergic reaction--did you actually mean that, and, if so, are you allergic to anything? Or did you more mean something like food poisoning? And did anyone else eat this and get sick?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm really not allergic to any type of food several other coworkers ate the same thing none got sick ;-( I do have a sensitive to medications only ... As a kid I had a bad reaction to imitation crab reason. For say allergic
Doesn't sound allergic in any way and not even a malabsorption condition that might be looked at as an allergic reaction. You may just have a stomach virus that will subside in a few more days. So long as you can hold down fluids and a bland diet for now and stay away from antidiarrheals except the Pepto, all may be well soon. That said, if it persists, you need to have a stool sample sent for culture because this could be an infectious diarrhea from E. coli or salmonella. As to the imitation crab, possibly the culprit, but I'd expect the others who ate it also to be sick.