Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

I am worried sick that I may have a form of cancer. My testices

I am worried sick that I may have a form of cancer. My testices have given me discomfort for over 5 years. Sometimes it is the left one, sometimes the right one and sometimes both and sometimes no discomfort at all. I have never passed blood, i never get the feeling of wanting to pass urine and can't and my flow is always straight and steady. I am 71 and, othewise, in good health.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Singh :

Dr. Singh :

Symptoms related to testicular cancer are lump or enlargement of the testicle, feeling of heaviness, abdominal/groin pain. Testicular cancer tends to affect one testicle usually, so symptoms are likely to be on one side. I understand that you are concerned and afraid to see your doctor regarding this and though this does not sound like anything too worriness in terms of the symptoms you describe, I recommend that you see your doctor just to make sure. At the doctors office you will require a physical exam as well as possibly an ultrasound and/or blood work.

Dr. Singh :

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Customer:

God evening Doctor Singh,

Dr. Singh :

Hello, did you get my previous response?

Customer:

Thank you for your response. I am relieved to see that you believe, base3d on my information, that this condition isn't too worriesome. Might I please ask what you think it might be and what treatment i need.

Customer:

yes, thank you

Dr. Singh :

You are quite welcome. Causes of testicular discomfort can include infection, any injury (slight or major), hernia, etc.

Customer:

would an infection last 5 years or even the effects of an in jury>

Dr. Singh :

No an infection is less likely to last that long, so therefore it is not likely. Affects of injury can sometimes linger. A hernia is likely to be a chronic cause of your discomfort.

Customer:

I'll think over your advice. Thank you for your time. Good night

Dr. Singh :

You are very welcome. If you have no further questions, please click accept.

Dr. Singh :

Regards