Andy PhD DABT
Andy PhD DABT, Toxicologist
Experience:  Board certified with 17 years in research or consulting

I was wondering if you ever heard of anyone being sensitive

Customer Question

I was wondering if you ever heard of anyone being sensitive to eletricity and is there a cure?  I started feeling these symtoms when i bought a cell phone 4 years ago.  Some of my symptoms are blurred/fuzzy vision, burning in my back eyes, short term memory deficency, agitation/irritate, shortness of breath, increase/racing heart rate, muscle pain/tightness, fuzzy concentrating.  I only get these symtoms when im around a cell phone, tv, and laptop.  please help!!
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 2 years ago.
Hello
Yes this has been reported by many patients.

The cure is to keep the cell phone away from your head.

Use a speaker phone
Use a blue tooth.

Get a phone with the lowest radiation output reading possible, you can ask for this in the cell phone store.

Do not carry the phone on your person.

Use it only in emergencies.

Use pay phones when you can find them.

Borrow land lines when you can find them

Make sure your doctor reports this reaction to the FDA.

good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i already know that much.. i wanted to know if there is a cure for me to not be sensitive to eletricity anymore
Not in regular medicine.

It is an interesting question because your body is warning you....a lot of people don't have this warning so are potentially exposing themselves to long term disease from cell phones..and there is more and more evidence of this being possible..why would you want to cure yourself from a warning to avoid a product that can possibly kill you in the long run??

I would not recommend this...the microwaves clearly affect you...and you have proof, unlike many people.

If you are an ultra sensitive person, classical homeopathy can help reduce that sensitivity and make your more balanced.

see
www.homeopathic.org for practitioners
good luck
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
have you ever heard of th homepathic remedy from the lanthanides family (ytterbuym)? i heard that it's suppose to help decrease your sensitivity to eletricity... if you have heard of it, what does it consist of?
We are really onto a new subject, and it is extensive. I have not seen any accepts to my answer...we are only paid per accept.

All remedies are ultra high dilutions of an animal , vegetable or mineral substance. This is a metal remedy and might or might not help you...Remedies have to fit the whole case.
Let me know if you want me to go into that in detail later.

;They are non-toxic.
They do not have side effects.

Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
i wanted to know if there is any cure to me being sensitive to eletricity?
Hello
Regular medicine is not going to recognize this sensitivity in any standardized form.
They clearly to not have any cure...sorry.

I have referred you to a different system and practitioners that report success with this type of problem.

No other experts have jumped in on your relist...I do not think anyone is going to have anything to add beyond this..other than to see a neurologist to make sure this is not an actual neurologic disease, and not the cell phone.
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.

Conventional science based medicine does not recognize this as a condition, so there is no cure. This is because the frequency of the electromagnetic radiation, i.e., radio-waves and microwaves that cell phones use is very low and on a molecular level do little more then warm your tissue slightly. As the frequency of electromagnetic radiation increases then it is able to interact with molecules and cause real chemical changes, such as ultraviolet light, x-ray, and gamma rays.

It might be possible that what you are experiencing is a psychological effect. That is not to say that what you are experiencing is not real, but just that it may be caused by your own awareness or anxiety of using the cell phone. A similar thing used to happen to me when working around large amounts of carbon dioxide. I would feel as if I was suffocating when I worked with it, but the entire time I was actually fine.

So the science is pretty clear that cell phones don't cause much of a physiological effect to the body. Just realize that not only are radio/microwaves coming from your phone, but they are coming from radio towers all over the globe and so we are constantly bathed in radio/microwaves. Most of the epidemiology studies to date on cell phone use have not shown it to cause much of a biological effect. Also MRI machines work partly by bombarding you with electromagnetic radiation at somewhat similar frequencies and at higher levels and people do not get hurt by MRI machines.

I suggest you try a test. Put on a blind fold and have a friend place your cell phone that is turned on to your head and see if you feel the effect. Then take out the battery and do it again. Then put the battery back in, turn it on and try it again, do this a few times, randomly removing or leaving the battery in and turning on the phone with your friend not telling you when the battery is in and the phone on. You should do this so that you can't hear the battery being removed or installed or the phone booting up or shutting off, so possibly have the other person go into a different room far enough away that you can't hear them. Then see if what you feel is only felt when the phone is on, or if it makes no difference if the phone is on or off. Make sure the other person holds the phone to your head so that you can't tell if the battery is in or not by the phone's weight.

If you find you can accurately tell when the phone is on (after say trying the phone on ten times and off ten times) then I would avoid using the phone, however based on science you are not likely to be able to tell when the phone is on or off.

If you do perform this test, please tell me how it turned out.

Take care,
Andy PhD DABT, Toxicologist
Experience: Board certified with 17 years in research or consulting
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the only reason why i know that i am sensitive to eletricity is because I can literally feel the tingles on my skin and feel some fuzziness to my brain when a cell phone is around me. ( for ex: someone would be using a cell phone behind me without me knowing then all of a sudden i get these symtoms and look around and see that someone is really using a cell phone close to me... its usually 8 out of 10 times that my symtoms are right. plus the reason why i am convinced that I am sensitive to eletricity is because I bought a pendent for 400 dollars and it never worked. ( I am a college student and 400 dollars is something that I don't have) I guess if wasn't feeling these symptoms literally like deep muscle pains,burning in the back of my eyes and short term memory deficiency then i would really think it was just all in my head but these symtoms are real and I am really in pain everyday.... here is a link to something that is very similar to my symtoms.... you can read it on your own time to know that this just isnt happening to me:

lifeenergies.com, the article called, " the largest biological experience ever" by aurthor firstenburg, and eletrical-sensitivity.info/index.html.....

Thankyou for trying to help me.. I guess I'll just do more praying and see where it gets me... Just to let you know, I've had these sensitivity to eletricity for 4 years now and I just read up on these resources/articles that I gave you one month ago... I guess if i were the only person having these symptoms then i would think im going crazy but the more I do research and look up information, i find that I'm not the only one out there with they symtoms... have a blessed day and thankyou for trying to help:) God bless

Expert:  Andy PhD DABT replied 2 years ago.

That is interesting. You could also be associating it with cell phones because you remember more when you turn around and see a cell phone, than when you turn around and don't see one, it's a common phenomena, I can't say one way or the other if that is it. I am by no means saying that you are not having these sensations, I just don't see a scientific explanation connecting them to cell phone signals. I worry that there may be something else going on that you might need to have taken care of.

I would be really interested in knowing what the results are of the test I described to you. I do hope you try it, I'm curious to know how it turns out, just make sure that there is no way you know if the battery is in the phone and the phone is on.

I do agree that you can feel electrical charges, such as standing real close to a plastic slide at a playground, especially in the winter when it is dry out. You can feel the charge an inch or two away from the slide. The same can happen on the surface of TV screens, but cell phone signals are different, they are not simply electrical charges.

Even if you decide to not do the test I was telling you about now, but two months from now change your mind and decide to do the test, please get back to me and tell me the results.

Thank you for your accept.

Take care,