Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I have a single white "pimple" on my foreskin, its been there

I have a single white "pimple" on my foreskin, it's been there for awhile now and sometimes it turns white and other times it dries out, but it keeps repeating this cycle?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
It's probably a cyst, maybe a Fordyce spot, not an STD and not serious. Cryotherapy (freezing) or tretinoin cream can treat it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I send a picture, just to double check?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sure--just paste it on this page.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I insert an image?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
If you have a paper clip icon you can use that, otherwise send me a non email link or ask customer service to send me the photo on my email.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't find the customer service link to get them to forward the image, is there an email address I can send it to directly?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, can't exchange emails here. Let's try this--describe it for me in as much detail as you can.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well its on the foreskin and it's white. Sometimes it turns bright white and if I rub it with a single finger it kind of fuzzes up. On the bottom of this when it links it the actual foreskin, it red.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
And is there anything inside it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, doesn't seem like it. No puss or anything.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
And you're concerned about it because? As in cancer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It isn't going away. I mean it's been there for like 5 months now.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, again, from your description it doesn't sound anything like either an STD nor cancer and about all that's left is a cyst or a Fordyce spot. Sorry about the photo problem, but there isn't anything else this could be. That said, since it's worrying you, have a doctor take a look at it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Alright, sounds good. Is the tretinoin cream available otc in Canada?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes, but not over the counter--prescription only.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice