Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

i am a 20 year old female. exactly 3 months ago today my life

i am a 20 year old female. exactly 3 months ago today my life changed. i was really full so i did decide to try and relieve by vomiting (i dont do that much so no lecture please!) i never ended up acually vomiting though, just really really forceful dry heaving. anyways in the middle of heaving i got this spaced out feeling. its a hard feeling to explain. just spacey/out of it/drunk feeling ALL THE TIME 24/7. also my eyes feel heavy and tired and i get headaches which are in the upper back of my neck. i am literally scared to death. i have been to the ER 3 times and switched doctors a couple times because they just do not seem to care. i have had a spinal tap, cat scan and lots of blood work done, all normal. i tried to get a mri but none of the doctors will go for it. iv been to a neuro, acupuncturist, chiropractor, massage therapy and probably more. iv ordered vitimins and supplements I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO!!!! i KNOW something is wrong but noone seems to care or want to really help. anywayys some people do say it could be anxiety. at first i was like noway but now i dont know where else to turn. i just can not get out of my head or this all started, dry heaving. how could hard forceful heaving cause this? and can anxiety symptoms last this long ? i feel like doctors just put it on anxiety because they dont know what else it could be. everytime i explain my symptoms they just say "hmm thats strange, i dont know" like greaaatt thats comforting. do you have any idea what could be going on with me? could it be an inner ear problem? could i have injured something in my ear from dry heaving? my regular doctor has looked in my ear but i have not seen an acual ear doctor. any other things that it could possibly be? i really need answers.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--you gave me a lot of information there which is very helpful but can you expand on the symptoms you're having?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my symptoms - spaced out feeling 24/7, kind of like iv had a couple drinks. its such a hard feeling to explain. it just does not feel like me i dont know. loppy? my eyes also feel very heavy and tired 24/7. i get headaches alot now which i never used to get. the headaches are in the upper back of my neck. my head feels a little tight all the time too. i always see stuff about a dizzy feeling but mine is not a dizzy feeling i dont think.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
What was the ct scan of? Any actual balance problems?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
they just did the cat scan because i came into the ER. im not sure why they did it exactly. the cat scan was done 3 days after this happened and showed nothing i guess
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I assume the neurologist did the spinal tap? What for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no they did the spinal tap at the ER when they did the cat scan and again i dont know why they do the stuff they do
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--did the neurolgist have any comment, and have you had blood work to look for possible causes of this? Do you know what blood tests have been done?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i only went to the neurolgist one time and she said i have nothing neurolgically wrong. i had alottt of blood work done and everything came back totally fine. i have a paper with all the blood work i got done on it but i dont have it at the moment
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
So your primary care doctor ran those tests and had no comment on what the possible causes were?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--I have some thoughts as to what may be going on and I can tell you what tests I would run, but that's about all I can do here since we aren't sure what's been tested for so far. Will that be sufficient?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yeah. could it be an inner ear problem like could i have injured something in my ear while forcefully heaving?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Just one other question--how long do the headaches last and how often do you get them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
couple hours a day usually everyday
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--my thoughts--I'd get an MRI of the neck to check for disk problems that could be the cause here. I don't think this is an inner ear problem at all. That said, I would also screen you for autoimmune disorders, thyroid disorders, and cortisol abnormalities. Finally, I would consider variant migraines as a possibility and I would try you on either Imitrex or Zomig.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice