Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

Hello ! my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am 63. I fractured my coxis

Customer Question

Hello ! my name is XXXXX XXXXX X am 63. I fractured my Customer when I was a kid and last week I was reaching for the phone @ 5am and I reached too far and slipped out of bed and hit the end of my spine on the metal bed frame that was sticking out. My spine hurts when I bend over or try to pick up my small dog and I must lay on my sides at night. It is very,very uncomfortable. Should I see a Doctor or will it heal itself.? I am asking this because I am at my daughters house and I do not have a Doctor here. Thank You, Paula
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
HI,

Thanks for your question.

Do you have any numbness in your legs?
Is that pain radiating to legs?
How severe is the pain?

Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello! I do not have any numbness or pain radiating to my legs and the pain is about a 4 if I am not moving. When I get out of bed it is about a 6.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your input.

As per symptoms this is not likely to be a new fracture.

Most likely its a a muscular sprain however fracture's possibility cannot be ruled out without xray.

Its not necessary to visit your doctor now. You can take OTC TAB ALEVE twice daily and can massage the area twice daily with bengay cream. Hopefully you will be ok in few days.

If symptoms persist like same in two days or worsen then see your doctor but hopefully this will not be required.

I wish you good luck for all.

I hope this helps you.

Please ask for any query

please click accept if i have answered your question

regards

DR Hasan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dr Hasan, IT has already been 8 days that is why I am worried and my bottom is very tender to the touch.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your input.

its unsual for the pain to persist this long. If this is 8th day then you should see doctor to get xray done.

But still you can give a try to aleve twice daily for one day to see if its help. If you see doctor first definitely that is best.

I hope this helps you.

Please ask for any query

regards

DR Hasan

Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank You Dr. Hasan I will do as you say. Paula
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
you are most welcome.

my prayers are for your good health.

Regards