Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties
28277873

I just had a physical and blood work and the doctor said my

I just had a physical and blood work and the doctor said my white count is low and my PSA is high. What does this point to and what tests will need to be done?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 4 years ago.

Hi
Welcome to Just Answer
Low white count means low white cell count.

There are many reasons for this including a viral infection, bone marrow disorders etc.

This requires further evaluation and repeat testing/bone marrow examination if deemed necessary by your doctor.

High PSA levels can be due to a prostate problem, and this should further be evaluated in terms of a prostate examination and ultrasound; to make sure that there is no prostate cancer.

You should see an Internist first, and discuss with him further work up and management plan.

If deemed necessary, he can involve a Hematologist and/or a Urologist in management.

I hope this clarifies and answers your question.

Kindest Regards XXXXX XXXXX luck.

It was a pleasure assisting you. If my answer was helpful, Please Click ACCEPT button to give me Credit.
Please do not forget to leave a POSITIVE FEEDBACK which will be highly appreciated.